The start is located at Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and Victory Column.
Since there is no parking space available for this event, we do not recommend arriving by car. Please use public transport to get to the start without stress.
By public transport
Nearest stops of public transport:
- Underground: S+U Berlin Hauptbahnhof (U55)
- S-Bahn: S+U Berlin Hauptbahnhof (S3, S5, S7, S9)
- Regional trains: Berlin Hauptbahnhof (IRE , RB1, RB10, RB14, RB21, RB22, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE7), approx.10 minutes walking
And the best thing is: on the day of the event, your bib number is valid as a ticket for public transport in zone AB.
- For security reasons, only participants with official bib number and athletes wristband are allowed to enter the start / finish area.
- The start area will open at 7:30 a.m.
- Please say goodbye to your friends ans relatives. There is no entrance to the start / finish area for accompanying persons.
For safety reasons the following items are prohibited
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: standard pocket lighters)
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material)
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Sunday, April 2nd, 2023
- 09:30 a.m.: Inline skater
- 09:55 a.m.: wheelchair and handbike competitors
- from 10:05 a.m.: Runners
- The time limit for skater is 1:25 hours net (after passing the time measure mat) Participants, whose speed indicates that the time limit will be exceeded will be eliminated from the race and won't be listed in the results list.
- The race will take place regardless of the weather, unless a weather warning form the German Weather Service exists.
- Schedule and course are subject to change
The start will be divided into designated starting blocks that are marked by letters. Please make sure to start in the block with the letter which is marked on your bib number.
The starting blocks are allocated according to your personal best times (only officially measured courses are valid).
- block A women: < 50:00 min* (category "Speed")
- block A men: < 40:00 min* (category "Speed")
- block B: < 53:00 min* (category "Fitness")
- block C: ≥ 53:00 min* or first half marathon (category "Fitness")
* subject to change.
We offer a warm-up zone between the clothing drop-off and the start. Please skate counterclockwise.
Warming up in the starting block is not permitted.
Every year we receive messages from sad participants who can’t find their time in the results list.
To ensure that everyone who has bravely completed the 21.0975 km receives a result, please note the following:
- wear the chip at the skate (shoelace) or at the ankle (strap).
- do not wear it above the calf, the chip won’t register when you step over the finish line (not in pockets or as a necklace).
- the chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal
- to avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on your bib with the number on the chip.
Please contact our Support Team if the numbers are not identical.
Approved is the following equipment:
Hydration pack or vest
- back compartment with max 3 liters volume for hydration pack
- front pockets for water bottles (max 0.5 liters each)
- front pockets for small items (cell phone, kexs, etc.)
- compartments for water bottles (max. 0.5 liters each)
- compartments for small materials (cell phone, keys, etc.)
Backpacks and vests of all kinds with pockets/compartments with a volume greater than 3 liters are not allowed.
Please note that there will be bag searches at the entrance.
Changing tents and showers are available in the start and finish area.
There will be sanitary facilities at each refreshment stationnalong the course
We kindly ask that you do not to wear headphones so that you can understand anything that other participants or volunteers might say to you.
You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.
Wearing a helmet is obligatory for all inline skaters. Further protective equipment is recommended.